Posts

Showing posts from October, 2019

Recommendations for 2019 NYC General Election Ballot

Image
Vote for Borelli for public advocate.

There is almost no choice in the other offices.
Ballot Question 1, New York City Elections Charter Amendment: Ranked-Choice Voting, Vacancies, and City Council Redistricting Timeline VOTE YES because this can avoid expensive elections and helps people become more informed and involved.
• Ballot Question 2, New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board Charter Amendment VOTE NO because this is just another expansion of government and budgets.  What we need is more transparency on what is happening today not more spending with no transparency.
• Ballot Question 3, New York City Ethics and Government Charter Amendment
VOTE NO because this is just another expansion of government and budgets.  "Require that the citywide director of the Minority- and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) program report directly to the Mayor and require further that such director be supported by a mayoral office of M/WBEs;" Why would we want yet another mayoral of…

Re: [tax-payers-of-new-york] Re: Borelli running for Public Advocate

Image
Also we can all run for office here in NYC
It's a fairly simple process to run initially.
The ballot and petition part is the bizarre, opaque part.
But to get into the campaign finance system is fairly easy See https://www.nycvotes.org/campaigns/ralphyozzo/contributions/new or search for "nyc contributes yozzo"  you will see that anyone that is willing to take two free classes at the nyc campaign finance office.
Yes the same one that is using 100's of millions of taxpayer dollars.
I am willing to help anyone that wants to run.
But the opaque system of district leaders and political clubs definitely is not here to help you unless you are an insider.
And we certainly do not need more insiders that focus on spending as much taxpayer money as possible.
I think what we need is pay cuts and layoffs in nyc government.
On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 2:11 PM BrooklynCoop Taxpayers of New York <info@brooklyncoop.org> wrote:
See and remember that this is only Fiscal Year 2018 which is ve…

Fwd: Borelli running for Public Advocate

Image
From: NY State Senate Bill Alerts<bill-alerts-do-not-reply@nysenate.gov>
Date: Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 4:40 PM
Subject: A8138 has been signed by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo [NYSenate.gov Bill Status Alerts] [A8138 - 2019]
To: ralph_yozzo_2 <cec16nyc@gmail.com>

Bill Alert from the New York State Senate. A8138 has been signed by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Assembly Bill A8138 Relates to a cap on class share increases in certain cities Sponsor: …